April 2011 Minutes

 

 

Membership Meeting Agenda

April 26, 2011

 

WELCOME!

20 second activity – In 20 seconds introduce yourself in any way you want!

 

 

Co-Presidents:

•       New structure: Email/calendar

◦     hollenbackcommunitygarden@gmail.com

 

______________________________________________________

Reviewed that new email is active

wiki pages updated; calendar and open  hours info available

•       Season calendar

◦     Open hour schedule and sign up process

◦     Review work day/meeting schedule

 

_______________________________________________________

Suggested that same open hour schedule be maintained; partnering for sessions so no one is alone; tues 4-6; Thurs 6-8; Sat/Sun

•       Meeting locations

◦     PM meetings- Member home (when available)

◦     Other ideas???

◦     AM meetings – In garden (Raindates to be discussed)

 

______________________________________________________

Those present felt that using library for Sat meetings as rain option is better than raindate; Hannah will check into reserving space

For evening meetings check with Heather on use of her home; Teen Challenge as an option?

•       BQLT

◦     Members needed to attend meetings – Get involved! Become more garden community aware!

◦     Meeting attendance counts as garden meeting

◦     Hannah – Point person

◦     Review schedule

 

_______________________________________________________

Encouraged members to get involved and attend meetings; need presence in order to influence decisions that affect our garden; contact Hannah or Emerson for more information

•       Membership requirements

◦     Review as FYI- please review detailed version on wikipage

▪     1 open hour per month

▪     4 meetings in the season

▪     4 work days (3 hr minimum shift)

▪     plant plot by June 15th

◦     Questions?

◦     Reminder- All docs available on our Wikipage

 

____________________________________________________________

Reminder of dues to be paid by June 15th

 

 

Co-Membership:

•       Guerilla Gardening interviews with University of Life Sciences and Natural Resources Vienna

•       Bee hive opportunity

 

____________________________________________________

Tony will send email to members about GG request

A local resident wants to put a bee hive in the garden; not clear how the garden/community would be involved- would it be “his” hive and just using space? how interested in the garden is he and what would be be required to do- full membership? Noted that having a hive can be an issue with school location; Will invite him to meet and discuss with members at a monthly scheduled meeting.

 

 

Co-Operations:

•       Purchase of loppers for the garden. Would the members agree to spending approx. $100 on a good new pair? And, how can we effectively control the use and security of our investment?  http://www.felcostore.com/order/f21?referer=loppers

◦     all at meeting were in favor of purchase

 

 

•       Suggestions from group on what plants to buy this year? Budget approved for this at last mtg.  Also, who would like to go to a Long Island Nursery with Marisa (and maybe Claire) to purchase these?

◦     will share date via email so members can participate

 

•       Who can volunteer to go to the GreenThumb Plant Starts Giveaway:  Sat 30 April?

◦     Will send email to all members requesting assistance (Joe attended)

 

•       Who wants their raised bed rebuilt? How will cost be covered ($12/plank)?

◦     Members present agreed for garden to pay for wood; use survey to get more feedback

 

•        Formation of Social Activity Committee – Suzanne (Point person)

 

 

•       Formation of Common/Social Area Committee – Deema (Point person?)

 

•       Plans to use funds to create permanent signs- Compost and other areas

◦     get costs and bring to future meeting

 

•       Member assignments: Opportunities to get involved

◦     Water barrels

◦     Assist members with plots

◦     Compost work shops

◦     Maintenance of common areas

◦     Trash

◦     Welcome garden/sunny garden area

 

________________________________________________________

Carmen- will continue to be on water committee

Emerson- was on committee, can he continue?

 

Treasurer:

•       Review current balance

•       Collect dues- sliding scale $10-$50 by June 15th

•       Request purchase of Quickbooks

◦     Suggestion that there are free options for this software that will suit our needs

 

 

 

Notes:

 

Next Membership meeting

Saturday, May 21st @ 12pm (Steering Committee meets @ 11am)

location: Hollenback

 

Next Workday

Saturday, May 21st @ 1pm-6pm (after meeting)

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.