Membership Meeting Agenda
April 26, 2011
20 second activity – In 20 seconds introduce yourself in any way you want!
• New structure: Email/calendar
Reviewed that new email is active
wiki pages updated; calendar and open hours info available
• Season calendar
◦ Open hour schedule and sign up process
◦ Review work day/meeting schedule
Suggested that same open hour schedule be maintained; partnering for sessions so no one is alone; tues 4-6; Thurs 6-8; Sat/Sun
• Meeting locations
◦ PM meetings- Member home (when available)
◦ Other ideas???
◦ AM meetings – In garden (Raindates to be discussed)
Those present felt that using library for Sat meetings as rain option is better than raindate; Hannah will check into reserving space
For evening meetings check with Heather on use of her home; Teen Challenge as an option?
◦ Members needed to attend meetings – Get involved! Become more garden community aware!
◦ Meeting attendance counts as garden meeting
◦ Hannah – Point person
◦ Review schedule
Encouraged members to get involved and attend meetings; need presence in order to influence decisions that affect our garden; contact Hannah or Emerson for more information
• Membership requirements
◦ Review as FYI- please review detailed version on wikipage
▪ 1 open hour per month
▪ 4 meetings in the season
▪ 4 work days (3 hr minimum shift)
▪ plant plot by June 15th
◦ Reminder- All docs available on our Wikipage
Reminder of dues to be paid by June 15th
• Guerilla Gardening interviews with University of Life Sciences and Natural Resources Vienna
• Bee hive opportunity
Tony will send email to members about GG request
A local resident wants to put a bee hive in the garden; not clear how the garden/community would be involved- would it be “his” hive and just using space? how interested in the garden is he and what would be be required to do- full membership? Noted that having a hive can be an issue with school location; Will invite him to meet and discuss with members at a monthly scheduled meeting.
• Purchase of loppers for the garden. Would the members agree to spending approx. $100 on a good new pair? And, how can we effectively control the use and security of our investment? http://www.felcostore.com/order/f21?referer=loppers
◦ all at meeting were in favor of purchase
• Suggestions from group on what plants to buy this year? Budget approved for this at last mtg. Also, who would like to go to a Long Island Nursery with Marisa (and maybe Claire) to purchase these?
◦ will share date via email so members can participate
• Who can volunteer to go to the GreenThumb Plant Starts Giveaway: Sat 30 April?
◦ Will send email to all members requesting assistance (Joe attended)
• Who wants their raised bed rebuilt? How will cost be covered ($12/plank)?
◦ Members present agreed for garden to pay for wood; use survey to get more feedback
• Formation of Social Activity Committee – Suzanne (Point person)
• Formation of Common/Social Area Committee – Deema (Point person?)
• Plans to use funds to create permanent signs- Compost and other areas
◦ get costs and bring to future meeting
• Member assignments: Opportunities to get involved
◦ Water barrels
◦ Assist members with plots
◦ Compost work shops
◦ Maintenance of common areas
◦ Welcome garden/sunny garden area
Carmen- will continue to be on water committee
Emerson- was on committee, can he continue?
• Review current balance
• Collect dues- sliding scale $10-$50 by June 15th
• Request purchase of Quickbooks
◦ Suggestion that there are free options for this software that will suit our needs
Next Membership meeting
Saturday, May 21st @ 12pm (Steering Committee meets @ 11am)
Saturday, May 21st @ 1pm-6pm (after meeting)