Hollenback Garden Meeting Notes May 21, 2017
18 PPL attend meeting/workday in garden
· Intro: Who are you and what are you growing?
· Workday plans to rehab plots with wood from Big Reuse
· Resolve tree: Joe talked to BBG, Parks, Devlopers, no one wanted tree. Nothing worked out yet, but tree uprooted and placed in can with dirt
· Weed entrances, esp thin out milkweed. Sara leads this.
· Rachel is moving tomato volunteers to other areas, including Kids Plot
· Ernesto and Joe turning compost over
· Tomorrow in Staten Island: Shana says Compost Give-Back, free 40 lb. bags of compost to pick up. Workday credits. Josh says we can get a ton delivered = 60 40 lb. bags. If no one gets it tomorrow, we’ll ask about delivery. Ernesto to follow up.
· Clara and Shana run new member orientation
· Decide to do Open Hours sign-up ONLY in the orange book in compost toilet, to avoid problems tracking work
· Committee hours (water, compost) get credit, but must organize with leader
· Josh says pay your dues by June 15, cash or PayPal only
· Allocates $12 for ladybug buy
· June 9, Full Moon Soiree planned. Alisha invites all to come at 7 p.m., bring food for potluck-style dinner with grilling. There will be a ladybug release and plant trade.
· Pass out form: What are you good at? Alisha gets info on who wants to lead educational talks this year.
· Members talk about painting murals on shed doors.