Hollenback Community Garden
Saturday, June 9, 2018
Intros by all attendees and a little bit about what’s growing in everyone’s plots.
Reviewed membership requirements: dues/3 meetings/3 workdays/4 open hours
Schedule reviewed: see meeting agenda and website
1. today’s workday priorities list for completion after today’s meeting
Ongoing: welcome garden care, watering as needed
1. apprentices are needed to help with welcome garden, kids garden, woodland shade garden, vacations, water and weeding
2. June 15 is the cutoff for joining and garden planting your plot
3. Check you status with link – track your requirements
If you are going on vacation, email membership to find help.
Pay dues on a sliding scale by June 15
Current balance of HCG is about $4,700
– Thanks to everyone for filling out survey
– There is an educational talk after this meeting
– Found a projector for fall movie night. Still deciding on a movie.
– Open Garden Day – July 14: BBQ, rock-painting, tours, weeding, kids ideas needed
– June is Greenthumb’s Music in the Gardens Month. If anyone wants to play – Jazz in June in many gardens.
-community garden documentary airing
BBQ August 24
We will write on the Sandwich Board a Welcome message to the community as a way of bringing more community members to the garden.
We will service coffee and donuts on Saturday mornings – from 9-11 ?
– put a half dunk ring in each water barrel for mosquitoes
– close barrels after use to prevent mosquitoes
– hose will be fixed and on for the summer
– Help needed in other Gardens
Classon/Fulgate Garden on their work-day June 23 9-1
Greene Garden (S Portland Ave at DeKalb)
* * * *
Fort Greene Farmers Market has 2 for 1 plants available.