- What’s been your favorite part of this season? NOTES: Andrea: Harvest Fest/ Rose: Trellis/ Rachel: Support system/ Liz: Memorial Day/ Christina: Getting a plot/ Barak: Apprentice garden/ Tara: Summer afternoons/ Maria: Her bday bbq/ Robert: meeting new people/ Jefrrey: Sharing plot w Dana/ Y: Less bugs this year/ Claire: Seeing her daughter play in garden/ Jane: the apprentice plot
Today’s talk is Barak on our Rooftop Rainwater Harvester (Hungry Caterpillar) NOTES: Barak, Damian and Y ended up disconnecting the harvester and bilge drain for winter
- Sat, Nov. 16: Closing Workday, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. at Garden
Operations Committee Update:
- Rake welcome garden and clean out dead stuff
- Paint tool handles red; sweep out and organize the back shed.
- Compost toilet: clean up interior, move cone
- Post sign on Front Gate
- NOTES: Barak brought Seed Saver seeds for people to use. CK w BQLT to see if we are covered for those in the garden during winter (emailed 10/21
- It’s time for Steering Committee elections. We’ll need to elect: A new president or 2 co-presidents; a new Treasurer, 1 new Ops person; 1 new Membership person; 1 or 2 Events people; and a new BQLT Rep. Let’s nominate people and vote on the incoming Steering Committee, so new folks are ready to go next Spring.
- NOTES: elections were held Here are the results Quorum was 23 people. Treasurer: Mark/ Ops: Ernesto/ Membership: Danielle/ BQLT Reps: Tara and Eric/ Events: Maria and Andrea/ Provisional Co-Presidents (they asked that we vote again in March, so they are sure their schedules will permit): Deema and Y. Current Steering Committee Reps will share info with you over winter.
- Requirements are: Bylaws/Dues/ 3 Meetings/ 3 Workdays/ 4 Open Hours.
- https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M_IvsVcLi0gcmF7_NvozVk7VGPFpf3weKbMyzqSLRLA/edit?usp=sharing Check the tally! NOTES: YOUR REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET THIS SEASON, UNLESS YOU ARRANGE TO DO SOME WORKSHOPS OR SNOW SHOVELING OVER THE WINTER! NO MAKING UP 2019 HOURS in 2020! TAKE CARE OF IT NOW!
- Open Hours task list now posted on the compost toilet door; do what you can.
- A list of members contact information is now available for all gardeners.
- If you bought something, give receipts to Robert M. for reimbursement! NOTES: Robert successfully moved our account to Carver Bank, so that we can now access money and hand off Treasurer responsibilities. All is required is to provide proof via our agenda that a new person has been elected. Robert is still resolving PayPal issues to this account.
Events Committee Update
- The Harvest Fest was a hit! We raised $1,000 from the raffle and sales. NOTES: November 2nd is big BQLT Harvest Fest Event.
- If you have a problem or issue, please first try to get it resolved by writing the Steering Committee directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/hollenbackcommunitygarden/
- https://www.instagram.com/explore/locations/31094141/hollenback-community-garden/ is our Instagram page.
- Our website is https://hollenbackgarden.wordpress.com/
- September Meeting Minutes are located on our website at https://hollenbackgarden.wordpress.com/category/minutes/