Hollenback Community Garden – Meeting Agenda May 15, 2019
- What’s your name and what events would you like to have in the garden? Live Music, Potlucks, BBQs, S’mores competition, Cooking classes and events, Making Gnome Homes, decorating garden, Botanical Illustration class, Bocce court, Movies
- Who’s away for Memorial Day weekend? Would an extra May 18th workday be good? B and Y will run a bed-building prep workday on May 18th. Anyone who wants to go do carpentry prep, contact B.
- , May 25: Garden Workday, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. at Garden
- , June 15: Garden Meeting & Workday, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. at Garden
- , July 10: Garden Meeting, 6:30-8 p.m. at Garden (weather permitting)
- , July 20: Garden Workday, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. at Garden
- , Aug. 17: Garden Meeting & Workday, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. at Garden
- Sept 18, Garden Meeting, 6:30-8 p.m. at Garden (weather permitting)
- , Sept 21: Garden Workday, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. at Garden
- , Oct. 19: Garden Meeting & Workday, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. at Garden
- Sat, Nov. 16: Closing Workday, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. at Garden
Operations Committee Update:
- Goals include: fixing the compost toilet, replacing old wood on garden beds, repainting rainwater harvester, plot signs, grapevine trellis plans, starting seedlings, herb & shade gardens We got wood from Green Thumb, but no soil. B will investigate buying 10 bags. Grant from Home Depot for Trellis Design. We need to assess tree branches weighing on Back Shed roof, and saw them. We need to cut down the dead magnolia tree in the front. We need to make signs for trash removal, Open Hours, Workdays
- Plant your plot by June 15th, or forfeit it. You’re welcome to use the seeds available. Also there may be leftover plants from BBG. Please don’t use the ones on the table—they are earmarked for Apprentice plot (E is managing), shade (J is managing), and herb gardens (S is redesigning)
- Trash is MWF, so we curb it on Sun and Tues, plus recycling and brown bins on Thursday We will scale back to one brown bin and one trash bin outside
- Everyone charge up your power tools for Saturday’s workday; we’ll rebuild beds! Let us consider purchasing some cordless power tools with our funds
- Have you read the bylaws and signed that you will abide by them?
- Membership requirements are: Bylaws/Dues/ 3 Meetings/ 3 Workdays/ 4 Open Hour sessions You can include any additional educational and learning workshops you hear about, as long as you report back to the group for credit
- Open Hours are: Mon 10-12/4-6; Tues 10-12/4-6; Wed 12-2/4-6; Thurs 6-8; Fri 4-6; Sat-Sun 10-12/12-2/2-4 Try and do one per month. Open gate, greet guests, take out trash, clean up. Danielle F will organize push to make sure Weekends are covered with open hours. Let’s reach out to kid’s groups for tours
- New members with 2 meetings and 1 workday get a key. Explain rules to being in garden: keep gate open, be respectful to neighbors, welcome visitors.
- Track your requirements via: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M_IvsVcLi0gcmF7_NvozVk7VGPFpf3weKbMyzqSLRLA/edit?usp=sharing They’ll send the link to the tally each month.
- Pay your dues, on a sliding scale from $10-50, by June 15th.
Events Committee Update
- We hold educational talks each workday; the next one is on Blueberries with Jane
- If you have a private event in the garden, let everyone know about it via our Listserve email firstname.lastname@example.org, and clean up your mess! Be respectful of neighbors!
- Bring baked goods for June 15th’s Book and Bake Sale, in tandem with BPL—reach out to Vicky or Alisha to let us know what you can bring
- July 20 is Open Garden Day; Tea Party and Free Meditation Class by Danielle
- We’ll do a BBQ at the end of today’s workday, and most other workdays.
- May 25th BBQ will be a Potluck; everyone is welcome to bring something! Gardeners want to do trainings on how to run kids’ tours
- Also, Danielle F. does free Stoop Meditation each Thursday at 7:30 a.m. across the street from the garden. All are welcome to join.
- BBG just gave Hollenback a bunch of free plants! Let’s get them in the ground!
- To add an agenda item or contact us, email email@example.com
- Our Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/hollenbackcommunitygarden/
- Our website is https://hollenbackgarden.wordpress.com/ and our Instagram is https://www.instagram.com/explore/locations/31094141/hollenback-community-garden/
- We are still looking for someone to run our Instagram coverage